Do What the Locals Do at Dumaguete City and Negros Oriental
- Get accupuncture sessions from Dr. Fe Wale at Silliman Church or at the Foundation University clinic.
- Day trip at Antulang Beach Resort or Kookoo's Nest in Siaton.
- Visit Lake Balanan in Siaton
- Snorkel/Scuba diva at Apo Island (Jump-off Point: Malatapay, Zamboanguita)
- Sleep over at Azalea Restaurant & Casitas in the town of San Jose, and then hike to the Balinsasayao Twin Lakes for kayaking.
- Take a brisk walk along the Dumaguete Boulevard early morning or at dusk.
- Scale Canlaon Volcano from Canlaon City.
- Day trip to Casaroro Falls in Valencia; relax at Forest Camp or at Tejero Highland Resort & Adventure Park for zipline, ATV rides, etc.
- Visit the Cata-al War Memorabilia in Valencia.
- Go dolphin-watchin at Bais Bay/Tanon Strait. Have lunch at the Sandbar of Manjuyod. Jump-off point: Bais City.
- Mountainbike or hike up to the Japanese Amity Shrine in Sagbang, Valencia.
- Join hundreds of joggers and runners at the rubberized oval of Perdices Stadium.
- Join a trek to Mount Talinis from the town of Valencia or from the town of Dauin.
- Rent a motorbike for P250 to drive around the city. Wear a helmet
- Join a Night Run with DARS (around Dumaguete) every Thursday at 8pm starting at SU Portal West.
- Visit Sidlakang Negros Village along EJ Blanco Rd.
- Visit the Silliman Antthropology Museum on weekdays.
- Practice those swim strokes at the Olympic-size pool at the Teves Aqua Center. Open Tue-Sat.
- Zipline at Tierra Alta overlooking Dumaguete; relax at Tierra Cafe.
- Try the budbod kabog with tsokolate at the City Market painitan early in the morning.
- Have kamayan lunch of sutokil (sugba-tola-kilawin) in Malatapay.
- Hang out at Gabby's Bistro at Florentina Homes.
- Try the gourmet pizza and tacos while listening to local music at Hayahay along Flores Avenue.
- Try Jo's Chicken inato at Jos' Chicken by the Sea in the town of Sibulan.
- Try the Fried Ice Cream at Panda Ice Cream Parlor.
- Other home-grown eating places: Chin Loong (Chinese), Sans Rival Bistro (Spanish), Scooby's, One Bethany Place, Don Atilano (steakhouse) Don Roberto's, Flamin' Grill, Greasy Spoon, Habhaban, KRI, Mamia's, Mifune Japanese Restaurant, Mooon Cafe, Pasta King Cafe di Roma, Royal Suites Inne, Sta. Theresa Resto.
- Other local hangouts: Bean Connection (cupcakes, cookies), Blue Monkey Grill, Cafe Filomena, Captain Ribbers, Coco Amigos, El Amigo Bar, Qyosko, Rock Box Pub, Rock's Coffee at SU Oriental Hall, Why Not Restaurant/Chicco's Bar.
Easy to love ∙ Hard to leave